Nicha Aesthetic Clinic
In the present, Facial skincare with supplements and vitamins to make the skin look firmer, may not be enough for today’s young people. Nowadays, with a lifestyle full of hustle like sleep late and waking up early every morning and do not have enough time to take care of oneself, which makes the skin began sagging and the face does not look firm as compact as a teenager. This is causing many people to need to look for technology or other facial skin innovations that will help solve the problems of facial wrinkles, and Botox is one of the right answers that are popular today.
What is Botox?
Botox is a trading name of an extract called “Botulinum Toxin A” from Clostridium botulinum that is innovation to reduce wrinkles and adjust the face shape which is currently very popular. Especially among those who want the face to not sagging, facial muscles are firm, lift facial for beautiful, and the pores are shallow since the first injection. Besides, Botox can be used to treat other illnesses, such as migraine, squint, twitch eyes, neck muscles contract, chronic back muscles, or solving problems in people with excessive sweating, especially in the area of the hands and underarms. However, among the advantages of using Botox to treat various conditions, there are still some disadvantages that must be aware because the Botulinum Toxin A is a substance to the neurotoxin, which if received by eating may cause food poisoning or can cause muscle weakness. The results of Botox injections are not permanent because this substance can dissolve by itself within about 6 months, but if the user wants to undergo another injection can periodically refill.
What are the brands of Botox products?
In the present, there are many Botox brands that people and physician choose and trust. Each Botox’s brands will have a molecular size that purity, and the amount of different important substances that causing different features and prices, including:
- Allergan made in USA considered as the original Botox that has been produced for a long time. There are several researches supported and through development that have the least chance of resistance. The advantage of this brand of Botox is that it is narrowly distributed, allowing precise control of the injection point. On the other hand, if injected with physician that not professional will clearly see the error whether it is a downed eyebrow problem stiff smile or cheeks respond.
- Dysport made in England, with distinctive features that spread well, and suitable for injection in a wide area such as injection, reduce sweating, lower arms, reduce bulging calves.
- Xeomin made in Germany, has a distinctive feature is bringing of other large protein substances that is not needed out leaving only Botulinum Toxin A and a small molecule. Once injected, it will not be too cluttered and can works well even in the case of drug resistance, but users have to stop injecting Botox for at least 2-3 years and the price of this brand Botox will be quite high.
- Neuronox made in Korea, the characteristics are quite similar to the Allergan brand, which is distributed fairly precisely but the price is about half cheaper.
- Botulax made in Korea, the advantage is that the effect is quite fast and cheap, but the disadvantage is that it decays quickly, and not long-lasting.
- Nabota made in Korea, classified as a premium brand Botox Containing Botulinum Toxin A, high purity, active quickly, focusing on reducing wrinkles on the forehead, eyes, adjust the face shape, making the jaw muscles look smaller.
All of the mentioned above, Botox products have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration of Thailand, but customers must also be cautious of fake Botox products that can be purchased in the market because the substances in fake Botox products may have serious side effects and can be harmful to health as well.
And apart from the properties of each brand of Botox products that are different, the quantity or unit assignments for each Botox injection will vary. This depends on the consideration of the physician who will assess the appropriate dosage for patients. Mostly, the physician will choose to use the smallest amount of injection but with obvious results to reduce the problem of drug resistance and not to exceed the recommended dosage for that brand of Botox.
In Thailand, Botox is classified as a specially controlled drug, can be sold through hospitals that have specialized physicians. Therefore, for security users should choose to use the service at the hospital or a standardized clinic, and should make sure that a new Botox substance is prepared before every injection. Moreover, users should ask to keep the packaging box or take a photo for checking the production information and for inspection.
What should be prepared before injecting Botox?
Before receiving the Botox injections, users need to see a physician first in order to perform a skin examination and consult about the injection site. Therefore, users may need to prepare as follows:
- Do not take medicine or vitamins that cause blood to stop bleeding, such as;
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs: NSAIDs
- Vitamin C
- Cod liver oil
- No alcohol, beer, wine, and fermented beverages
- No eating grilled, BBQ, or any foods that must be sat in front of the hot stove
- Abstain from eating very spicy food or burning face until blushing
- No eating fermented foods Because there are substances that cause the blood vessels to expand, such as pickled fish, pickled bamboo shoots, pickled mangoes
- No smoking because in cigarettes, there are many substances that dilate blood vessels, and should not apply heat
The process of Botox injections
- The physician examined the skin condition that would be injected with Botox, and talk to users about where to inject the points including the brand of Botox will use.
- Physician will apply anesthesia or compress the injection site first, which make user as not to feel too hurt. Then, the physician performed Botox injections by using a small needle to inject the right amount of protein into the muscle. The injection time is approximately 10-15 minutes, depending on the injection area and amount.
How Botox is working?
After the physician injects the Botox into the area that needs treatment. Botox will enter the nerve endings, causing the nerve cells cannot release neurotransmitters to the muscles, which also known as causing temporary paralysis of the injection site. This is causing that muscle to relax. The period time to see results after Botox injection is within 1-2 weeks and will last for 3-6 months, after which the muscles will gradually shrink until returning to normal, but depending on the brand of Botox products injected with.
Taking care of yourself after Botox injections
After Botox injection, users should follow the physician’s instructions strictly, which usually include
- Do not sleep supine during the first 3-4 hours after Botox injections because Botox may flow to areas that are not needed
- Lie on your back with your pillow high on the first night of treatment
- Do not apply heat and be careful not to let the hot air from the hairdryer in the area that has been injected Botox for 2 weeks.
- Avoid massage, press, squeeze in the area where Botox has been injected for 6-8 hours due to the drug being distributed to other areas.
- If there is swelling, redness or bruising during the first 1-2 days after Botox injection (This is a normal condition that can occur due to needles), use ice compress instead.
- Should see a physician by appointment to evaluate the treatment results, and if any abnormalities are found before the appointed day, such as falling eyelids, headache, neck pain, double vision, dry eyes, allergic reactions, or inconvenience. You should contact your physician immediately to discuss whether Botox injections should be postponed.
What is Botox resistance?
Many people have heard the term “Botox resistance” before. This symptom means Botox injections and no results. The reason is because there are many types of proteins in Botox, which once injected into the body. The body of some users will create immunity to resist the said protein, causing the action of the substance Botox did not see the desired result. The risk factors that cause Botox resistance include;
- Excessive use of Botox
- Frequently use of Botox injections
Therefore, users should inject Botox in the smallest amount, and should not inject more than the maximum amount that can be injected. Also, each injection should be more than 12 weeks apart. As for the solution when receive Botox resistance is using method to increase protein injection, but the correct way and safest is time for injection to allow the body to break down all the protein extracts Which will take about 1-2 years and then come back to inject again.
Precautions and possible side effects after Botox injections
In most cases, Botox injections do not have harmful side effects. If injected by a medical professional and in the right amount including a 3-month spacing of injections. However, people with certain health conditions should not receive Botox injections because it may adversely affect health, including:
- People with musculoskeletal and nervous system such as Myasthenia gravis and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: ALS, which should not be injected as it may worsen the symptoms of the disease.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women. Even though no danger has been reported but there is not enough information to confirm that it is safe as well. Also during pregnancy, mothers should avoid chemicals that may affect the body wherever they are most. Therefore, pregnant or lactating women should avoid using Botox first.
The side effects that can be found online. Which may be caused by the expertise of the doctor or caused by users practices incorrectly after Botox injections, including;
- There may be a headache or pain at the injection site.
- Chewing food more difficult especially hard and sticky foods because the muscles in the area where Botox was injected have increased viscosity
- Jaw joints not as strong as before
- Facial on both sides asymmetric or distorted mouth when smiling
- For those who originally had a lot of cheeks, after Botox injection until the face is slimmer may cause the cheeks to sag down. Most of the side effects mentioned above often not very serious and will occur for a short period only then the symptoms will disappear by themselves. But in the case of long-term side effects users may need to wait for the Botulinum Toxin A injected to dissolve by themselves first, then the side effects will disappear.